CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Fair Part Deux

When I told Alex we were going to the fair she was shocked:

Many of the devoted readers of this blog will remember last year's fair entry which was filled with excitement. For those of you who may have missed it you can find it by following this link

This year I got to watch the fair through the eyes of Alex as she was able to experience the joy of greasy food, ugly people, and carnies for the first time. Here were some of our highlights:

- Practicing being old people by walking through all of the exhibition halls and actually spending time at the home improvement booths.
- Trying out an 'exercise' machine that you basically just stand on and it vibrates your entire body.
- Signing up for a timeshare presentation with Wyndham in exchange for 2 nights hotel in San Francisco, 4 Padres Tickets, $100 gift cards towards concerts, and 2 movie tickets.
- Going through the dirtiest fun house I have ever seen.
- Learning that Weird Al Yankovich was playing in concert that night and getting in for free. As an added bonus we sat with all the lazy obese people in rascals and watched them sing along joyously to his famous song 'Fat'.
- The food. I enjoyed an Italian Sausage sandwich, a hot cinnamon roll, and an orange julius. Alex had a meatball sandwich with a smoothie for good measure.
- Learning about Alex's personality through the amazing, evil, handwriting recognizing, fortune telling machine. For those of you who don't know Alex, this is what I learned from the machine:


She has great investigative ability
Ambition is her driving force
She likes to be in control at all times
She needs to learn to relax
She lets her heart rule her head
She enjoys the attention of the opposite sex
She enjoys sharing her happiness
She is most attracted to Gemini's and Taurus' (luckily my birthday falls on the cusp between those two zodiacs)

Here are our favorite pictures of the day:

Shaving
No, I was not pitting out during this moment, however I must have pitted out enough in this shirt that the fabric underwent a chemical reaction that is picked up by the flash.
Shakin' it
More Bubbles
A picture with the witch that runs the fortune telling machine
Yes, that really is Weird Al!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Congratulations on having the funnest time at the fair! we are jealous of your big city entertainment. Sereously, Big Al? All we have is this band. Check em out! http://www.irresistiblemusic.com/

Spencer Davis said...

No way!!! That is amazing that you were able to see Weird Al. Please tell me he performed Amish Paradise. That is amazing.

I think we will have to make a special trip out next year for ComicCon and the fair. It looks like they fall on similar dates.

JRO said...

Welcome back to the blogging scene...it has been a while and I am glad I can keep tabs on you now! I am jealous of the fair, what I would have given to have been attendance!

3703 said...

I long for the time we shared together. Tell Alex that the machine is 100% accurate. Next year you'll have to try to change your handwriting and see if it tricks the machine. So then, if the machine gives a new fortune does that mean our handwriting changes our personality?

Weird Al is my favorite, did he sing "I Love Rocky Road"? that's my favorite, and then Amish Paradise.