CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Learning about myself at the San Diego Fair

So about a month and a half back we headed to the world famous San Diego County Fair. What a treat! Here are some highlights:
  • Eating myself sick! Some highlights were the bloomin' onion, chicken legs, orange julius, ice cream, home made cinnamon rolls, and krispy cream chicken sandwiches
  • Losing about 30 bucks between the 5 of us on stupid fair games. We were given a dumb little stuffed animal for our efforts.
  • Learning the exact year of the second coming from a crazy evangelist who had a booth there. I wish I remember what year he said it was.
  • Having Julia try out the magic curling iron
  • Learning all about my personality. There was a crazy old magician with a machine. He reminded me of the crazy guy that lived in Colorado Springs in the Prestige. Anyways this evil machine could tell you your personality by analyzing your signature with your birth date. Here is what mine spit out. It's evil I tell you:
Your first impressions are likely to be correct
You enjoy challenge but avoid conflict
You need a pat on the back occasionally
You like your friendship to be appreciated
People find you honest, conscientious, and trustworthy
You are sometimes jealous and possessive
You have a strong desire for wisdom
Although you have definite ideas, you keep an open mind
You are not as innocent as you would like people to believe
You never hesitate, even when the going is rough
You have the ability to combine the artistic with the practical
You have to learn to see another's viewpoint

Here are some pictures of the events:


Bloomin' Onions!

Chicken Legs!
About the only thing that was free to do there
Posted by PicasaTrying to win the giant tiger stuffed animal. (Also the only evidence that Adam Buie ever lived down here!)

6 comments:

Dave and Miranda said...

Hey, tell us about the Krispy Cream Chicken Sandwich. And we finally figured out how to let you post on our blog so go give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

Great read... That must have been one HELL of a chicken, if that's it's leg. I think you meant to say "Turkey" leg. Still tasty, though.

Tyler and Erika Hanks said...

Looks like fun TJ! I made your scrumptious caramel brownies today...LOVED them! Thanks for the recipe! I also noticed your link to Dawson's Creek...I must admit it was my FAVORITE show in Jr High and High School!

Spencer Davis said...

TJ-
I'm glad you had an amazing fair experience. Why is the San Diego fair so famous? Did they have boxing matches as one of the events? I remember that Nate "Bubba" Evans took me to the fair with his family when I was younger. I remember going in to see the worlds largest alligator and then going into an all you can eat ice cream tent. it was amazing. I also remember calling my dad on the way home and asking him if I could sleep over at Nate's house. He told me no. We must have had lots of chores to do the next morning.

Designing Woman said...

TJ, I've been thinking, since you now comment and look at my blog, maybe you need to add me to "My Frequented Blogs". I know you have quite a few up there right now, but I do know that there is a space open ever since Judd's blog became "dead to you" :)

Anonymous said...

T.J,

Your mother is concerned about your diet. You aren't getting any fruits and vegies (no, deep fried onions do not count) I also wanted to give you that pat on the back that you need. Consider yourself patted.

Mom