CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 21, 2007

Dublin - A Review

Well you have all been asking for it and now it is finally here! I am going to put up a post for each place that I visited. I will try to keep the info brief and then just include a slide show of my photos.

Highlights:

  • The accents - much better live and in person
  • The street musicians. There is something that was just charming about it all.
  • The live music in the pubs.
  • Rugby - I got to watch a World Cup Rugby match between Ireland and Georgia live in one of the pubs on my way home. I loved being in an atmosphere where everyone knew the game. It was more exhilarating than I thought it would be. It gave me the itch to start playing again.
  • Woman walking and breastfeeding at the same time in public. I imagine it is much more difficult than it appeared.
  • Man teaching son how to spit on moving cars from the second deck of the double decker bus.
  • The Guinness!
Lowlights:

  • Running to catch our bus to the airport with our backpacks on.
  • Sleeping in the Dublin airport on my way home. Not as comfortable as one wood think.

1 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

TJ-
Dublin looks awesome. I commented on this before, but I'll say it again. If one of your favorite parts of Ireland were the street singers, then you need to see "Once." Its about a street singer from Ireland who meets a musician from the Czech Republic. Its a very good indie film and has an excellent sound track. The main actor is actually in a band called The Frames. They are excellent.