CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Stardust: An enchanted Review

I have seen many movies since my last blog review of Disturbia. However it has been that long since I have seen a movie that has brought out such emotion and energy from my soul that would cause me to write a review. No, Stardust does not star Boy Meets World star Shia Lebeof, but it does feature the ever inspiring Claire Danes, who has not put forth such a riveting performance since Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. Claire stars as Yvaine, a star fallen to earth, sought after by many for her mystical powers. She is being chased by a group of witches seeking to eat her heart for its powers of giving eternal youth, a group of princes who seek a medallion she wears so that they may succeed the throne, and finally by a charming human named Tristan, who has promised the girl he loves that he will bring her a fallen star in return for her hand in marriage.

As you might guess Tristan ends up falling in love with Yvaine while bringing her back to the girl he thought he loved and they live happily ever after. Spoiler Alert! (Am I supposed to say that before or after I give away the movie.)

The movie is really entertaining. Robert Deniro's character is great and there are a lot of funny characters along the way. It is kind of reminiscent of the Princess Bride, in the way that is told like a story and filled with a variety of funny characters. The highlight of the movie is in how Tristan declares his love for Yvaine. There was not a dry eye in the house for that moment. I have taken notes and plan on proposing to my wife with the exact words that Tristan used and giving my fiance a Babylon Candle so that we can live side by side in the heavens for eternity. I hope you get a chance to see the movie and that you will let me know what you thought about it. Cheers!

5 comments:

Designing Woman said...

Excellent review. I can't wait to find out what a "Babylon Cradle" is! Also, I would like to take a moment to welcome you back to the blogging community (you did take a blogging vacation for a while there :)

Peter FNFN said...

i now understand why Judd's gchat status today said Babylon Candle... you two were made for each other! congratulations TJ & Judd!
p.s. Krystle... spellcheck. haha

Spencer Davis said...

Todd Jacob-
What a beautiful review. I'm very excited to see this movie. I've been making fun of it for months but only because I'm insecure and really watned to see it, but didn't want anyone else to know my desire.

lisa c. said...

I saw the movie as well, on Monday, and I agree, not a dry eye;) Entertaining movie, though I at times wanted to slap Tristan, seems he was kind of dense through the beginning but really came into his own later! Robert DeNiro, what a fashionista! And at th end, I think my favorite characters were the ghosts of the princes!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with the slapping Tristan part! Great movie though, really enjoyed the review. I loved the trick ending when you look at the other person and say "what?" then it goes back to expected.