CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Japanese Tea Gardens are soooo Overrated!

Well the Fodor's Northern California book is full of crap. It mentioned multiple times that when visiting San Francisco one must stop by the beautiful Japanese Tea Gardens in Golden Gate Park. Well Fodor's I trusted you and you have now lost that trust. Not only were the tea gardens a waste of time, but that waste of time cost us $4/person. My only consolation is that upon leaving this underwhelming place I was able to inform several other people in line that it would not be worth their $4, and so they bailed. I am glad that I could provide that service. My next trip I might spend a day outside the gardens telling people to turn around. I was that disappointed. To my chagrin most of the pictures we took were of this stupid park. Enjoy the pictures. Beside the tea gardens this trip was a blast. Some highlights in no particular order include:
  • Risking my life in a go-cart on the streets of San Francisco (for more info on this please see the following blog entry: Julia's San Fran Blog Entry
  • Driving into the back of Lisa's car in said Go-Cart
  • Watching Lisa freak out going down a hill and try to stop the Go-Cart with her leg
  • Sleeping on the floor of the hotel
  • Running 13 miles on Sunday morning from the base of the Bay Bridge to the Base of the Golden Gate Bridge and back.
  • Finishing my run with those people finishing the San Francisco Marathon and getting free bananas for doing so
  • Wakeboarding on the delta in Stockton
  • Cheese Cake Factory Brunch - Awesome!
  • The BART - I love good public transportation
  • Watching the Bush man get in an argument with a couple upset that they were scared and everyone laughed at them. They were most upset that he didn't even apologize. I love the bush man.
  • Going to dinner with Zeana
  • Huevos Rancheros in Rancho Cucamonga
  • BBQ'd peaches that Ruthie stole from her neighbor
  • Aerobeds
  • Allison not believing that Judd was alone in San Francisco with Lisa
  • and many more memories that I can't recall at this time


We ate at the House of Nan King. This place was great. We had to wait for about a half hour to get in and the owner didn't even let us orderour own food, but the food he picked for us was delicious. I recommend it to anyone visiting San Francisco.


These are not cutouts. They are real people who gave us marriage advice in Walgreens.


Watch out ladies. I am in a Japanese Tea Garden.


I think that this picture might make my mantle
I was so mad I had to bite my fingers


Lisa tried to be happy, but inside she was as mad as I am in this picture

It was so boring that we had to take pictures like this

8 comments:

Peter FNFN said...

yea... sounds like the Japanese community in SF is just trying to get us back for that whole camp thing earlier last century. Conning us into cheap "Tea Gardens" that are just larger versions of the Home Depot exterior decorating products.
the rest of the trip looks fun though, let me know next time you get a timeshare pitch... i'll join!

lisa c. said...

Sorry the tea gardens weren't all the were cracked up to be. I've lived in the area my whole life and never been, no one told me to check them out. So I guess I should have offered that info. But you are right about BART...great public transportation! The bush man...good times, he gets those tourists every time, it's great. Next time, I'll take you to the east bay and you'll see the wild and crazy folk that come from there:)

lisa c. said...

...oh and the cheesecake factory in union square...yup one of the best, love the view...i so should have gone and ditched work, did you see the silver men in union square?

tjcool18 said...

Lisa C. Not only did we see the silverman in unions square, but we saw the silver man getting dressed in his car. Did you know that he is not completely silver? I was shocked to learn this.

Dave and Miranda said...

TJ,

We added you to our best of the best. We listed you as the Davis Family just in case something magical happened in the tea garden, or anywhere else for that matter.

Spencer Davis said...

TJ-
I enjoyed your rant. Did you see any Samuri hiding in the Garden? Probably not because Tom Cruise was the last one, and he's probably off making more babies with Joey Potter.

Your San Fran trip sounded fun. I'm glad you enjoyed House of Nan King. Its my favorite restaurant in the world (used to be John's Place. RIP John and the 99* menu).

lisa c. said...

What, the silver man is not fully silver! I'm shocked and feel like I've been tricked all these years! What a fraud!

Anonymous said...

hi tj what in the heck is this ?