CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Disturbia . . . . A Review

I had the privilege exactly one week ago today to see the much anticipated movie Disturbia one day before it's release. The following is the story of that event:

So I received an email from my friend with a print out for two free movie tickets to see Disturbia the night before it opened. I was eager with anticipation. Disturbia as you all well know stars lovable actor Shia LaBeouf, who starred in my favorite TV series Boy Meets World. His first major film role was based on one of my favorite books 'Holes'.

We arrived to the theatre in anticipation and excitement one hour before the showing. A long line had formed, and I was amazed at the caliber of people who would be attending this free event along my side. Evidently the homeless community is well connected to the interweb, because it would appear that many of them also received free tickets in their inbox as well.

The doors were opened and the seats were quickly filled. Luckily the movie that was supposed to start at 7:00 didn't begin until 7:30, because the host of the event z90 had some fun contests for the audience to participate in. My anxious desire to win a free pizza caused me to enter the 'best scream' contest. My competition ended up being a 12 year old girl, who played the sympathy vote more than Chris Richardson did on American Idol this week. I could see Simon's eyes rolling as the audience got caught up in her youthful charm. Anyways long story short, I took second place in the contest, even though the guy sitting behind me told me I got jipped when I sat back down. I didn't win the Pizza, but I did take home an awesome transformers Movie T-shirt, which I am donning at this very moment. I soon realized that the Pizza would have only brought me temporary happiness, but this T-Shirt will be around for years to come.


Anyways on to the movie. I give this movie 2.5 stars. I was entertained, but I won't be anxiously waiting to see the movie again. The thrilling scenes were for the most part thrilling, but the rest of the story was just a little too sappy for me. I did enjoy the fact that an iMac had a key role in the film along with iMovie. One thing that did stick out to me was towards the end I began to feel like I had seen this movie before. I soon realized that the movie felt a lot like the movie 'Red Eye' starring Rachel McAdams. Of course it didn't take place on a plane, or involve a lacrosse stick, but it too was a thriller with a chase scene in a house at the end. Now that I am writing this I realize that it isn't like Red Eye at all, but that I just think Rachel McAdams is hot and deserves some time on my blog.

In summary (for those of you still reading), go and see Disturbia since it is still entertaining, and then go and rent 'Red Eye'. Thanks you for your readership.

11 comments:

Kyle said...

Offer something free and you are all over it. Memories of you singing "Shake your bon bon" in Puerto Rico are now flashing in my mind.

To be fair, I was equally as drawn to the potential $50 and humiliated myself as your backup dancer.

Spencer Davis said...

Wait, who did Shia play in Boy Meets World?

Did you see him on Saturday Night Live? He was actually pretty funny.

tjcool18 said...

Hello, Shia played lovable Corey you was in love with Topanga. Isn't it obvious?

Spencer Davis said...

very funny tj.

cblakes said...

I read Shia got cast in Indiana Jones 4 (to play Indy's son). He's rising fast!

Peter FNFN said...

umm when you see a pic you like on my slideshow... just click on it and then it will show it in a larger screen... and you can "right click" and save image as... you know the rest.

3703 said...

Actually Corey Savage was cast as Young Indi.

TJ, sounds like Life and Times in san diego are still "crazy."

HAGS

Anonymous said...

hey
no entendi nada de lo que escribis, pero queria saludarte

Christi said...

shia played the main character in EVEN STEVENS and definitely had nothing to do with boy meets world.

thought you said you were a big fan?

Anonymous said...

Uhhhh... he was not on boy meets world.. That definitely was Ben Savage, not Shia.... He was on even stevens.. He played Louis Stevens..

WOW. INTELLIGENT.

Peter FNFN said...

time for a new one TJ... i'm BORED!
despite Ben Savage's aesthetic superiority!