CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

What 2 Tip

I paid $25 for a haircut yesterday. I really don't know why. I have been in withdrawl of my hair stylist in Salt Lake 'Jini' at Salon Heatherwood. No one seems to cut my hair, give me a shampoo head massage, clean out my ear hair, or trim my eyebrows quite like she does. I had been to Great Clips a couple of times and just wasn't quite satisfied, so I decided to try this Salon next to my house. I ended up getting the exact same 'Great Clips' haircut for almost $20 more. Due to some payment confusion and my sticker shock at the price I failed to leave a tip (really was an accident). However it got me thinking about what kind of tip we should leave in different situations. Honestly other than tipping 15-20% at restaurants I always feel like I am guessing. I decided to turn to my friend the interweb to answer this question. I found this very useful site: www.what2tip.com. I am now fully satisfied that I finally know what to tip my clown and what to tip at a funeral. I hope you find it as useful as I have.

4 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

I thought we only had to tip 10% at a restaurant and not even that much at places like John's Place. The waitresses at John's Place alwyas seemed very excited to recieve 2 for 1 rental coupons from Blockbuster or a Grandslam Breakfast from Denny's for only $2.99.

Kyle said...

First of all, I completely empathize with your $25 haircut. I was use to the $4 shop in SLC, but I haven't been able to find anything less than $15 out here. Last month, rather than pay that again, I bought a cheap pair of clippers and made Haley cut my hair. It's a great alternative for you because it would accomplish two things-1) you would save money and 2) it would be a great date night. What girl wouldn't prefer cutting your hair to going to a movie?

Secondly, looking at the list made me realize how many people I have stiffed without realizing it. The thing is, now that I do know what to tip, I don't know how likely I am to change my ways.

Ian said...

I refuse to look at the link because I do not want to see all the things that I am supposed to be tipping for and am not. If I don't know I'm supposed to tip, I won't feel bad if I don't.

tjcool18 said...

This is correct Ian. You cannot sin in ignorance. Although the next clown that you hire might be a little upset.